11.21.2011

Click for a larger image.

The horse pills are gone! My pharmacy seems to keep running out of my drug, and this past go around they offered me a different brand - Apotex.  Compared to the same strength 100mg cap, the Apotex is considerably smaller than the Sandimmune. I asked the pharmacist twice to confirm that Apotex was legit, and not some other Cyclosporine formulation incompatible with my prescription, and it seems to be all good. These pills are easier to take, so I'll happily keep taking them until I'm forced to change brands again.

In other news, I saw Dr. DiPersio today (along with Kelly, one of his students). My latest CBC results:

Click for a larger image.

My reds and hemoglobin are both up, as are the platelets, which is always nice. 76 K/mcL is a good place for me to be. My bilirubin is also up to 2.1, which isn't really a good thing. According to DiPersio I don't really need to worry about until we hit a level of 4 or 5, though.